Powered by Blogger

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Photoshopping Faith

My friend Terri sent me this link to jezebel.com - the website had a contest to show the best touched-up photo used by a magazine, and the winner was Redbook's cover photo of Faith Hill. Their website shows the original photo of FH and then the final product used on the cover - taking off at least 10 years and 30 pounds (b/c FH is such a dog!) Follow links at the site to their commentary on the process and other media comments as well - all very interesting. Personally, I never read "women's" magazines b/c they don't contain anything I want to know more about, but this was fun. Among other things, I found myself wondering why they put FH in such an awkward pose - some of the Photoshopping would have been unnecessary if she'd been sitting in a more natural position (it's all unnecessary, but even they might have thought it was unnecessary).

http://jezebel.com/gossip/photoshop-of-horrors/heres-our-winner-redbook-shatters-our-faith-in-well-not-publishing-but-maybe-god-278919.php

It very much put me in mind of the Dove (soap) "Evolution" ad. I don't recall seeing it on TV, but I watched it on the web:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hibyAJOSW8U

The makeover, though elaborate, was what you would expect, but what's really creepy is that, with a few clicks of the mouse, they slim her neck and enlarge her eyes. As jezebel says: even Faith isn't really Faith.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home