Powered by Blogger

Monday, March 19, 2007

Rudy Memorial Entry

Our sweet cat, Rudy, died this morning, quite unexpectedly. He was clearly sick when I saw him this a.m., and luckily Larry was off today and was able to take him to the vet. But he died right after they got there. Unfortunately, the vet isn't sure what happened, but my stepmother, who knows a lot about these things, suspects congestive heart failure. He was 15 years old (or would have been, next month), and never a svelte figure. He may have been sick in the last day or two, but he's so mellow and unobtrusive, I hadn't noticed. I'm so glad he went quickly and didn't suffer, but I wish I'd had a chance to give him some extra TLC before he left us for good. He was always a sweet cat, but he's gotten a lot less attention since we had Caleb and then Alana and then Roxy (our dog). I'm picturing him as he journeys to a better place today, where he gets scratched and petted around the clock and his world is full of cantalope (which he loved) and cat treats. He'll be missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home