Powered by Blogger

Monday, November 28, 2005

"Walk the Line" -- the white "Ray"

I didn't put it like that, my movie loving friend Coleman did, but I agree with that charaterization. The story arc of the two movies is so similar, it's almost weird. I'm sure there were genuine similarities in the two stories, but you'd think the makers of Walk the Line would have made a better effort to not parallel last year's movie quite so thoroughly. I had hoped for more emphasis on Johnny Cash's creativity and his relationship with June, and less on his substance abuse and general failings. It was not to be. Oh well. Joaquin Phoenix gave an excellent performance, as always, and Reese Witherspoon is pitch perfect (pun intended). I hope the Academy is kind to both next spring.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home