Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I love Rob Morrow's crow's feet

I'm finding myself increasingly distracted, while watching movies and television shows, by the frozen, shiny faces of actors and actresses. How has the standard of beauty evolved into this?? With apologies to Geena Davis, my latest favorite show is the Tony and Ridley Scott crime drama, Numb3rs (Fridays, 10 p.m. on CBS). Though I'm not at all interested in the endless police procedurals that populate the TV schedule these days, I think this show is something special. But the best part, besides David Krumholtz's hair, is Rob Morrow's crow's feet. Rob Morrow rose to cult status in the early 1990's dramedy Northern Exposure. He also ably anchored Robert Redford's great movie, Quiz Show (1994). It's wonderful to see him back on TV, as the dedicated FBI agent, Don Eppes. But the best part of the show, and of him, is his natural, lived-in face. During every episode I find myself watching his face -- he looks like a real human being, someone who has lived life and who is actually aging. It's completely riveting, utterly refreshing and totally hot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home